A 10-point pledge to all our pupils and their families.
By the time our pupils reach the age of 11 they will have completed each of the following pledges:
- To take responsibility for their own safety, health and well-being.
- To engage in fundraising and charitable events.
- To take part in a presentation, sporting event or performance to an audience or in a public place.
- To contribute to environmental sustainability.
- To understand and learn from and about other cultures and faiths in our diverse community.
- To help others through volunteering activities.
- To be involved in a democratic process.
- To experience educational visits/overnight residential trip.
- To take an active role as a learner.
- To understand the world of work and have high aspirations for their future.
Whilst the fine detail of the experiences the pupils in each academy will be involved are for the academy to determine, to support the management of the delivery of this aspect of our curriculum all our pupils will complete a Harmony Pledge Booklet.
This is designed to support pupils with recording their experiences and making the link to the ten-point pledge and development of the following character traits - Resilient, Problem-Solver, Compassionate, Cooperative, Aspirational, Confident, Effective Communicator, Motivated, Tolerant, Honest.
Within every school year each hub will hold a Pledge Celebration Event where pupils are identified for awards related to each aspect of the pledge.